Every summer we drive up to Waterloo to the cool water park. In the past our kids have been able to go on a big family tube slide (all of us together), and then Jonah and Annabelle can each ride another slide in a tube with Dad. So we are restricted because of age and height to just a few "real" water slides. Which is enough for them, and there are plenty of other fun things to do, like the lazy river and wave pool, and also the smaller short kid slides and toddler areas. We have a blast.
Well this year Annabelle was tall enough to go on any water slide she wanted. Ezra asked if she wanted to go on the super tall, straight-down-almost-drop-off-slide... the scary high one I don't even want to do. Annabelle said, "Okay." I said,"What? Annabelle, you don't have to go just because Dad wants you to! You don't have to go on the big tall fast scary one for you very first "real" water slide!" I was in inner turmoil for her, imagining the nervous fear that would grip her heart as she would climb higher and higher up the stairs and look out from the top and feel herself spinning and want to cry and turn back! But she said she would do it. So she went. And said she wanted to go again! Oh my goodness I can't believe it! Yeah for Annabelle! We were all very surprised!
I guess I'm glad she did not inherit her mother's fear of heights. I still don't want to go on it.
2 comments:
I never knew you were afraid of heights! That was funny to read. Yea for Annebelle!
It was such a great day!
I am terrified of heights and worried about Annabelle joining in only because she didn't want to be a 'chicken' But she really really had fun! I was so sad for Jonah when he said.."I'm sure next year I will be tall enough" Oh poor baby Jonah.
probably not going to happen
Post a Comment