Thursday, January 28, 2010

Newest member of the family

This is Lilly, the newest member of our family. She was a surprise Christmas present for me!! She is a himalayan cat. Gorgeous! The kids fell in love with her and fight over getting to hold her. I am surprised that Lilly doesn't seem to mind being toted around and held for long hours by little, but not gentle hands.
Izzy is fascinated with Lilly also. But she does not know how to control her fascination. The dog and cat have to take turns being confined. They trade off being either in the crate (Izzy) or in the large bathroom with the door closed (Lilly). That's alright. They both need quiet time anyway. We love our pets!

2 comments:

Karla said...

Your cat is very cute! I am jealous that you have ended up with a cat that can tolerate children. We have struck out so many times. Actually, I think it was a cat that could tolerate children and the dad that we needed. Give her a good rubbing for me.

Karla said...

MaKaylee says:
I love the cats eyes there so cute!