So, since Ezra was post-call (he had worked all day before and all night) and was home today (even though asleep upstairs), I let Jonah and Grace and Olivia stay home watching a movie (Sound of Music) on the couch. Annabelle, Finn and I made it to church for Sunday School. I found out Ezra's co-teacher happened to be available today (wasn't supposed to be), so I didn't have to teach after all. We only stayed one hour, came home to make sure the house hadn't burned down with Ezra fast asleep, or that fingernail polish hadn't been dumped out all over the floor, or that a huge mess of cracker crumbs and grape juice weren't all over the living room floor. The kids were still in the same spot where I left them.
Earlier in the day, Annabelle made up scavenger hunts for Grace. She placed clues around the house, such as "By a spot where you like to play midge, find your clue by a fridge." and,
"You'll find the next clue by the computer, where dad doesn't want you to muter."
"In the room of your mother's, you'll find some others."
"Where you go out side, you will find a card of pride."
"By the TV, you don't eat tea."
"By the stove where you get cooking stuff, you're bound to look hard."
"Where your brother wears a bib, he doesn't in a crib."
"By the popcorn yum, yum, yum, you'll find the thing you've been looking for."
She hid Grace's bear for her to find. So cute. I think these clues were from two separate scavenger hunts.
No comments:
Post a Comment