Thursday, March 20, 2014

Future House

We drove out to our new land to walk around and enjoy the warm weather outdoors. We discovered tons of deer droppings in the wooded area. We'll have some forest friends.

I guess talking about our future house got Finneas thinking. Later that night he had a good talk with me:

"Mom, in our new house, not the one we live in but the one we're going to build, I want the guys who are going to build the house to put in my room a garbage can. And a bathroom. And these pajamas I'm wearing. And food. And a kitchen so I can make things. And blankets and a bed. (smiling): Of course I'll need a bed! And a fireplace. And this (pointing to the computer). And on my computer I want only kid games. And when I'm 16, I will want a TV. And I'll want to eat in my room so I want napkins. And a table. And toys; I definitely want toys, too. And books on a bookshelf.

"And I want one more thing... let me think.... All the things that are in the kitchen today. But not an oven. I want to have a fireplace in my room but not an oven. Actually I want two fireplaces and I will share them.

"That's all. That's all I want.

"Wait, one more thing. I want ice cream in my room. And I want gum and gummy worms. And I will definitely need a light switch!

(After I had finished writing all this down): "Mom? Can you take the paper that you wrote down all the things that I want in my room and give it to the 2 guys who are going to build our house and give it to them tonight in the middle of the night? And this is what you say: 'The boy with short hair, his name is Finn, and he wants these things on this paper in his room.'"

1 comment:

Karla said...

How funny! I loved it! By the way if you ever think you would like to hire our boys for a month during the summer they would be interested.