Saturday, January 24, 2015

Family History with Grandma Susan

We made a day trip to Ames. We had asked that Grandma Susan teach us how to do Family History. The RS has focused on Family History recently, and Annabelle's youth group is focusing on bringing your own names to the temple, and Jonah will join the youth in less than a year. So I decided we need to jump in and learn. Grandma Susan spent the day teaching the three of us. First we worked online with Family Search. Jonah found a name right away that we can do temple work for. We downloaded the app, too. She also talked to us about BillionGraves.com. Annabelle put the app on her phone, and we all drove to some nearby cemeteries for her to take pics of headstones. Arne and Jonah were also taking pictures, and Olivia asked if she could, too. So I let her use my phone, even though I don't have the app. I ended up with about 50 pictures of headstones on my phone. I just thought it was cute that she wanted to be involved, too. This is one of the kids' favorite headstones. Olivia took the picture.
Great day with grandparents, learning how to do Family History! Annabelle spent the whole ride home transcribing the info from the gravestone pics. She has a good value project going! She has caught the Family History bug!


No comments: