Annabelle and Jonah played tee-ball this summer for the first time. We had them on the same team, for 5 and 6 year olds. This was my first time watching tee-ball. The first game was hilarious. With only 15 minutes of instruction and practice, the game begins. They play for 3 innings, and everyone gets a chance to bat each inning. No outs. Everyone runs the bases and across home plate. That's a great system for that age. When someone hits the ball, the outfielders all run to be the one to catch the ball. It looks like toddler soccer all over again; a big pack of kids chasing a ball! By the end of the 6-week season they learn to stay in their positions, and learn other things like throw the ball to first base to try to get them out (although no outs are called).
I think the helmet may be heavy or awkward to run in. Jonah usually bats much better than you see here in this video clip.
2 comments:
The funniest games of the whole season (no matter what sport) are usually the first. I don't know how t-ball works in your state but here the children can play it only one year and it is a riot! :)
Your children weren't even using the tee!
Oh my gosh!!! I started by saying "Oh Annabelle, you bat like a girl" and then she whops it! I was really impressed.. And I could watch Jonah run to first a gizillion times.
He is so cute.. I want to squeeze him.
The activities look great fun.
Grace and Olivia can enjoy these things too. Olivia is getting to be a very big girl... If anybody asks.. You have already been assigned Mother of the Year- you and Lizz share the title. It will be close to see who wins Mother of the Millenium Susan
Post a Comment