Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday, Annabelle!

Annabelle had a few friends over for a puppy-themed party. Here they are wearing the puppy ears and collars that they made out of construction paper. We had a barking contest, did some relays acting like puppies, and a few other puppy-related games. Annabelle's best friends were able to come, as well as her cousins, aunt, Grandma and Grandpa! Yeah! (And thank you from Heidi for all your help running the party!) Annabelle was happy. She loved her presents. Her favorite was an Easy-Bake oven from Uncle Justus.
I think Annabelle loved planning the party and getting it all ready more than the actual party. She is a party planner! She would have had the whole thing planned 6 months ago, but I made her wait until one month before her birthday to start talking about it with us. Even then she already had ideas written down. Birthdays are exciting!! Annabelle had a great one.
I am very proud of my puppy cake I managed to pull-off. This is my very first attempt at using a formed pan and filling in with the star tip. I kept it simple by using store-bought frosting, which is not as firm as the buttercream frosting my mother always made, but works fine. I also spread white frosting over the whole cake first with a knife, then just outlined the shape with a simple outline tip. I used a toothpick first to make a light line where the lines would go. I relied heavily on looking at the back of the pan to remember the design.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I can not believe she is 7 already. Seems like yesterday we were at her 1st birthday party. Time goes too fast.

Karla said...

Your cake turned out great! Very impressive. You and Jennifer both are so good at those. The party sounds like it was a lot of fun!