This is spring break for us. Yesterday we went to the Iowa City Library. It is a bit of a drive for us, but well worth it. We checked out books on Mozart, Beethoven, and musical instruments! The library has great play spots to entertain the little kids, I love it. Just outside the library is a playground where we met friends and ate lunch. When we got home we started a movie right away to keep things quiet. We watched Nanny McPhee Returns. Then we headed outside to play. It is fun to visit with neighbors again. I feel like we haven't seen each other all winter.
After dinner the kids decided it was time to start running sprints in the backyard. So we did that. I have to really run hard to keep up with Annabelle.
Finn is transitioning to one nap a day. Did I already tell you that? It makes a big difference in opening up more time for outings. We still have to be home for a few hours starting after lunch, but that's better than 9:30 -10:30 and 1:30 to 3. Grace and Olivia are transitioning to no nap. I don't push the nap anymore unless one or both are obviously not handling things well. Whenever we do lay down for a nap they fall asleep easily, without much fuss. But when they do nap, they stay awake until 9 or 10 at night. So I decided I like the no nap. We can get a lot more done during the day with no nap! I have always napped with my kids. And I suppose I still could while Finn naps, but I guess I am transitioning along with Grace and Olivia. All the sudden I have an extra hour in my day! It is kind of exciting for me.
Today when Ezra was getting off work in the morning (still working night shift), he called us and invited us to go out to breakfast with him! So we went to IHOP. Yummy food. Fun to do something out of the ordinary.
After chores, the kids played with neighborhood kids. Everyone was outside yesterday and today, enjoying the beautiful weather.
Tuesday afternoon and evening is our piano lesson, then home for a quick dinner, then off to guitar lesson. Of course, for these we all load up in the van and wait together for the lesson to finish. During piano we have errands to run. During guitar we can go in and sit down and watch/listen. We bring the portable DVD player and the girls all watch something quietly while I keep Finn from touching things. Today it was warm enough and light enough that Finn and I got to walk around outside during guitar. That kept Finn happy.
Tomorrow we are planning to go over to Ames to Grandma Susan's house for a couple days. We are excited!
1 comment:
It was fun to hear about your schedule. It is so hard to decide between much needed sleep and actually getting something done!
Post a Comment