Sunday, November 20, 2011

November Happenings

Thursday, November 6, 2011
I left a grocery sack of food at the store and didn't notice until we were already in the house. So I left Annabelle in charge, took Finn with me... I knew I'd only be gone 5-10 minutes. Shortly after I left, Dad came home and came in through the garage door (so the kids didn't notice right away). He found them running wild, screaming, "We're going wild! No parents! We can do what we want!"

Sunday, November 6, 2011
Jonah bore his testimony in sacrament meeting! He said he was glad he was baptized, and he knows Joseph Smith got the gold plates and was a true prophet. I am so proud of him! Good job, Jonah.

Saturday, November 12, 2011
Annabelle got to make biscuits for breakfast and again for dinner! She was great to let Olivia and Grace help. When Annabelle is in charge, she lets everyone snitch bites and licks. She sis not enjoy being abandoned at clean up time, though.

Sunday, November 13, 2011
Grandma Susan and Arne met us at church to watch the primary program. Olivia had the very first line: "2 Nephi 32 verse 3: Feast upon the words of Christ." The kids all did great speaking clearly. We practiced and worked on that beforehand.

Friday, November 18, 2011
We left after work - Emmeline met us in Des Moines and took the kids and Izzy. Ezra and I went to dinner and checked into our hotel. A night to ourselves - how nice! Ezra and I are running the 7-mile Living History Farms race tomorrow morning. I have not been looking forward to this, imagining freezing water, sopping wet shoes... but I think the weather should be good and it will be fine.

Saturday, November 19, 2011
Arne came down this morning. He babysat Brent & Andrea's kids while they ran the race with Ezra and I. Funny costumes everywhere. Once the race started it felt warm. River crossings were adventurous - about 6 feet straight down the bank, calf-deep water, then use ropes or tree roots to pull yourself back up the other bank. The squishy shoes only squished for maybe 10 steps - then didn't notice. It was hard to pass people - very crowded - so Andrea and I ended up staying together. And it was fun!!

No comments: