Friday, May 22, 2009

Soccer buffs

Annabelle and Jonah have really been enjoying soccer this year! It is for 5-6 year olds, so I was able to get them on the same team, and they meet once a week for 6 weeks. They practice dribbling and blocking and whatever drills for 30 minutes, then play a game against another team for 30 minutes. Nobody keeps score. The kids love it!
Annabelle and Jonah are not at all afraid to chase the ball, get out in front, and kick. I fact, Annabelle especially is very good at racing ahead of the pack to kick first. Jonah is good at aiming and getting a direct kick on the ball.
Here is Annabelle scoring a goal! Yeah Annabelle and Jonah!

Grace is a great sideline sitter. Olivia on the other hand... she keeps trying to run out on the field and sit in the goal. She keeps me on my toes. Between her and Izzy pulling on the leash, jumping like crazy, it's a wonder I keep going back for this each week. Are you just laughing imagining my predicament? Luckily Ezra has been able to come help most of the time. Soccer is definitely a highlight of the week.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Way to go Annabelle! And Jonah was right there at the front of the pack also to make sure the team got a goal! Way to go Hallams! I love the soccer shirts with the picture of the ball on it.

Jennifer Lee said...

The pictures are great! I wish we could be there to cheer on the sidelines (and to help you chase down Olivia!).