Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hoppin' Fun

This is from a few weeks ago, after several wet days. Jonah found and caught a toad in the back yard. We borrowed a wire cage-like thing from the neighbors. The kids did a great job adding rocks, grass, water, etc to make it a home. What great excitement! Jonah kept saying, "I'm the one who caught it! All by myself. I just caught it. I can't believe it! I just can't believe my eyes. I could just look at this all day." They couldn't wait to show Dad when he got home. I let them keep it just for the day before letting it go.

This little tiny toad/frog was found maybe a week ago. Once again, I let them keep it only for awhile. It got picked up and dropped and picked up again and held for long periods that I made them release it sooner than the first. What a cute little toad.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Jonah is a crack up. The tiny frog looks so cute!