Wednesday, April 20, 2011

San Diego Beach

Friday we met at the beach. None of the kids had ever been to an ocean beach before. So experiencing the water and waves was an adventure. The water was very, very cold. I at first decided not to get in. But then I saw Kolby, Levi, Jasmyn and Hailey, and maybe even MaKaylee and Little Joe, oh and Jed too, just run all the way in as far as they could and start jumping in those waves and having so much fun! I decided to be brave and forget about the cold. Walking in slowly did not work. I had to just run all the way, splashing all the way, until I couldn't run any further. It took a few minutes for my breath to come back. We jumped into the waves, rode the waves, and had a blast.
Discovering the tiny clams on the shore was fun, too. Oliver, Navenah and Iliana were collecting shells when we noticed some of them move, wiggling down into the sand. So we examined all the shells more closely and discovered most of them were alive. When we tried to pick them up they closed up tight. We had to wait until water washed over them for them to stick out their little foot and move a bit.
Great day at the beach. Russ joined us there.

Friday night we had a family get-together with Russell's family and Charity's family. Joe and Miriam grilled for us and provided dinner - yum! We got to hear stories from siblings/parents like how you met your spouse, where was your first kiss, who liked who first, etc. It was a wonderful evening.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Great picture. I went into the water slowly and it was very painful until I went numb. I had such a great time in the waves that it was totally worth it.