Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sea World

I flew into San Diego late Wednesday night. Thursday, Apr 14, the whole family (minus Russ, Charity, and Ezra and my kids) went to Sea World together. We enjoyed seeing the sea lions, sea turtles, sharks, star fish, octopus, and of course the dolphins and killer whale!
We had front row seats for the dolphin encounter show. In the splash zone! This dolphin above came right up for a few seconds. I could have stepped forward and touched it! We definitely got splashed! I don't have pictures from the killer whale show. I chose to sit much farther back to avoid getting soaked. By the end of the day most of us were wet and cold from the wind.
This is a gondola ride out over the bay and back:
Same:
A small pool with lots of star fish. You can reach in and touch them. We even picked one up, set it on our arm under water, and let it curl itself around our hand! This is 8-year old MaKaylee:
I really enjoyed the day! So fun to spend time with nieces and nephews, brothers and sisters, mom and dad! I had to introduce myself to 5-year old Navenah. Then she took my hand and had me run ahead with her everywhere. So fun.

1 comment:

Karla said...

You and Mom look great in that picture of the two of you.